Jessie J Official Forum Launch official site - Opens in a new window Buy Music - Opens in a new window Exclusive Updates - Opens in a new window SURF SAFE - Do you know how to surf safe? Click here for our guide
in

How would u describe Jessie's songs? Soul? R&B? Rock? Blues? Jazz? All styles?

Last post 09-07-2011 10:23 PM by CarlaGG. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2011 7:16 AM

• Ron
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 3

How would u describe Jessie's songs? Soul? R&B? Rock? Blues? Jazz? All styles?

I was at a Lauryn Hill show a coupla nites ago (it was crap, unfortunately) and I mentioned Jessie J to some ppl who amazingly never heard of her, tho they knew & liked Adele. They asked "What kind of music does she (Jessie) sing?" and I said "wild music," cuz I couldn't describe it. How would u describe what Jessie does? Actually, I think it's blues. It's Jessie's own twist on the kind of raw blues Janis Joplin used to do back in the '60s. What do u think?

• 06-01-2011 7:08 PM In reply to

• Mee_Lily
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2011
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 194

Re: How would u describe Jessie's songs? Soul? R&B? Rock? Blues? Jazz? All styles?

When you think about "Do it like a dude" i think you can say, she's doin wild music.... but her other songs are mostly pop music :)

www.twitter.com/lilymee
  • 06-01-2011 7:08 PM In reply to

• Mee_Lily
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2011
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 194

Re: How would u describe Jessie's songs? Soul? R&B? Rock? Blues? Jazz? All styles?

actually BRILLIANT Pop Music :)))

www.twitter.com/lilymee
  • 06-05-2011 10:01 PM In reply to

As an overall colective i would say pop.

Alex Box is a insperational goddess!
  • 06-06-2011 12:37 PM In reply to

I'd describe Jessie J's songs as Pop.

• 06-06-2011 7:58 PM In reply to

I would describe Jessie J's music as candy for the soul. Each of her songs as a message and you can (well at least I can) relate to them. She makes me feel like I am not the only one out there that........................................ well lets just say my favorite song is " Whos Laughing Now"

• 06-06-2011 11:21 PM In reply to

• Ron
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 3

When I think of Mama Knows Best, to me, that's raw, Joplinesque blues, tho Janis was a very raw singer and woulda likely blown out her vocal cords had she lived into her 30s, whereas Jessie's vocals are more controlled and she does amazing things w/ her voice that I've never heard anybody do b4. As for 'pop' music, I think of that as a cross between folk/show tunes and ballads; u can't dance to them, just listen. Whatever Jessie does, vocally and otherwise, it's always sensational.

• 06-07-2011 11:26 AM In reply to

• Mee_Lily
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2011
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 194

softballstar06:

I would describe Jessie J's music as candy for the soul. Each of her songs as a message and you can (well at least I can) relate to them. She makes me feel like I am not the only one out there that........................................ well lets just say my favorite song is " Whos Laughing Now"

i love this " Candy for the soul" oh yes, that's exactly what Jessies music is :)

www.twitter.com/lilymee
  • 06-28-2011 5:21 AM In reply to

I would say pop & rock influenced R&B.
  • 07-06-2011 2:27 PM In reply to

I would say that Jessoe's music is a mixture of different styles which can only be a good thing

Cheers,

jessiejfan198512

Just forget Ithe pricetag....
  • 07-06-2011 3:51 PM In reply to

Good question Mostly pop Soul RnB
    Follow me? www.twitter.com/jmicaallef

You can't control your past, Control what you can control
  • 07-07-2011 5:38 PM In reply to

Jessie says that she's making POPular songs : Songs that making us feeling good and wanna dance. (: But its true, we can find Reggae/Blues/hip hop style tracks on her album..
    Filed under: ,
  • 07-07-2011 8:20 PM In reply to

I listen to the whole album quite a bit all the way through.  Her album has a heavy pop feel too it, however when she sings live I hear the SOUL diva that she is. Her R&B ability with a lil pizazz would be tremendous to hear IMO!  I'm dieing for her to sing with Patti Labelle ((vocal acrobats)) ((shoe kicking off)) and the whole nine yard!!  I contend the album does not reflect what is coming out of her body when she is live.  Jessie appears to me to be enjoying herself more and more and the vocal ability just flows with ease.  I'm so enjoying her journey and wish her MUCH success. Big Smile

• 07-08-2011 1:12 AM In reply to

softballstar06:

i agree with you 100% . i also believe that each of her songs has some sort of message to them. two songs on the album I can definitely relate to would have to be "Who You Are" and "Who's Laughing Now".
    Life is a song, sing it.
  • 08-31-2011 10:44 AM In reply to

• Britt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-28-2011
    • Belgium
    • Posts 78

I think most of her songs are pop, I'm not sure about "Mamma Knows Best" ^.^

Britt

~Just be true to who you are~
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >